BARROW PARISH COUNCIL – Minutes held on Tuesday 13th December 2016

BARROW PARISH COUNCIL

Minutes of the Meeting of the Parish Council held on Tuesday 13 December 2016 in Barrow Village Hall.

Present: Councillors Eleanor Johnson (in the Chair), Sally James, Malcolm Moulstone, Julie Owen, Fiona Rackham and Sue Weaver

In attendance: Mrs Pauline English (Parish Clerk), and 38 members of the public

16.161  APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE

              Apologies for absence were received from Councillors Andy Faulkner, John Hassells and Pippa Johnson.

16.162  DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST

              None.

16.163  WEBSITE

              Standing Orders were suspended to allow a discussion with the public about the requirements of community groups regarding the website. Councillor Owen explained that the current website was no longer available to the public and only parts of it were accessible to the Parish Council. The domain password was required to enable the website to be upgraded. For instance, it was not possible at present to add pictures. Councillor Hassells was drawing up a protocol for use of the website to enable community groups to add documents once full access had been established. Once that had been achieved a meeting of interested parties would be called. A notice would be put in Barrow News asking all interested parties to get in touch with the Parish Council.

16.164  OPEN FORUM

              Concern was expressed about the speed of vehicles along Heath Lane, especially as there was no pavement. Some kind of traffic calming was needed, although rumble strips were ruled out. Some effort was needed to tidy up the potholes and ruts on Heath Lane. It was agreed to ask the local PC and PCSO to do a speed check somewhere within the 30mph zone using the SID. When he had visited the Parish Council, Dave Reeves (Cheshire Highways) had promised to monitor speeds, but the 50mph had been put in without the monitoring exercise taking place. The Ward Councillor had asked Cheshire West and Chester (CWaC) Council’s CEO to spend half a day in the village to look a highway issues. Maintenance of fire hydrants was mentioned and it was confirmed that they were checked every four years. The hydrant in Heath Lane was damaged. If the fire Brigade used the hydrants they were charged by the water company, so they tried not to use them. It was queried who owned the trees in Manor Park. CWaC were to be asked to do a leaf sweep but to give at least two days’ notice so that residents could be asked to move their cars off the street.

16.165  MINUTES OF THE LAST MEETING.

The Minutes of the meeting of the Parish Council held on 8 November 2016 were confirmed as a correct record.

16.166  UPDATE ON ISSUES RAISED AT PREVIOUS MEETINGS

(1)    Telephone kiosks/defibrillators: It was agreed to ask BT to keep the phone box on Irons Lane as a phone. The kiosk on Barrow Lane might be suitable for the defibrillator that had to be removed from the wall of the shop. Councillor Rackham confirmed that the second defibrillator and box was in the village hall. She was happy to look after both defibrillators and was waiting to find out where the shop one was going as the NW Ambulance needed to come and assess the whereabouts of both.

16.167  PLANNING

(1)    Applications:

16/05075/CAT – T1 – 1 X Ash Tree – Remove 2-3 suckers over drive and reduce rest of the tree by approx 2 – 2.5 metres – This is required to keep the tree amenable and healthy and safe for the future growth at Chapel Rise, Station Lane, Barrow, Chester, Cheshire CH3 7JW – no comments to be made
16/05032/FUL – Change of use from office to catering (b2) in an industrial unit and addition of extraction unit at Unit 7B, Barrowmore Enterprise Estate, Irons Lane, Barrow, Chester, Cheshire CH3 7LD – no objections

              (2)     Decisions:

16/04576/PDQ – Conversion of agricultural building to one dwelling at Heath Farm, Hollowmoor Heath, Great Barrow, Chester, CH3 7LF – REFUSED for the following reason: It is considered that the operational work required to alter the use of the agricultural building to that of a dwelling, would be beyond what might be sensibly or reasonably described as a conversion. Therefore the proposals do not constitute development permitted under the provisions of Class Q of Part 3 of Schedule 2 of the Town and Country Planning (General Permitted Development) (England) Order 2015 (as amended). Therefore the proposals are recommended for refusal.
16/04006/FUL – Two storey rear extension and erection of car port at 18 Lampits Lane, Barrow, Chester, Cheshire CH3 7JJ – APPROVED
16/00365/WAS – Demolition of existing storage barn and erection of an agricultural anaerobic digester and associated ancillary development at Old Hall Farm, Heath Lane, Barrow, Chester, Cheshire CH3 LL – APPROVED with conditions – Councillor E Johnson had put in a formal complaint about the way in which this matter had been handled by the Planning Department. As Ward Councillor she had asked to be informed before any decision was taken; this had not happened. She had queried why Highways were against it in the first place and what had happened to change their mind but had not received a response.

(3)     Awaiting Decision:

16/04593/FUL – Single storey extension to front/side and two storey extension to side/rear at Greycot, Barrow Lane, Stamford Bridge, Chester, Cheshire, CH3 8EN.   Consultation on this application closed on 4 November 2016.

(4)     Withdrawn

16/04469/FUL – Erection of a triple timber garage within the grounds for storage at The Dairy House, Hollowmoor Heath, Barrow, Chester, Cheshire CH3 7LF. Consultation on this application closed on 28 October 2016

16.168  CORRESPONDENCE

              None received.

16.169  REPORTS FROM COMMITTEES AND SUB GROUPS

(1)    Barrow Parish Playing Field Committee: Councillor E Johnson would send the form to the Committee to get a grant for new equipment. It was noted that one of the Tarvin clubs was not using the football pitch.

(2)    Footpaths Committee: The next meeting was on 9 January 2017.

(3)    Police issues: Councillor Rackham reported that they had had two bikes stolen from their garden. The police had been asked to go into the school to raise awareness.

(4)    Website: See 16.163 above.

(5)    Barrowmore Liaison: At the last meeting the bonfire had been discussed. It was agreed that numbers had been manageable. Barrowmore were to hold an Open Day in 2017 which would be advertised in the Barrow News in January and March. It had been made clear that the Parish Council wanted to support Barrowmore’s planning proposals but Councillors had not liked the tone of the presentation given by Nigel Eckersley at the last meeting.

(6)    Allotments: It was confirmed that a skip would be ordered in January. Date to be confirmed with Councillor Rackham.

(7)    Neighbourhood Development Plan: Councillor P Johnson was looking at it with a view to preparing a more concise plan. This would be presented to a future meeting before being sent out to residents for further consultation.

(8)    Shop: There was to be an Open Meeting about the future of the shop which was due to close in December. The tenure of the residents of the flat above the shop was secure although discussions with the landlord were ongoing.

 

 

16.170  STANDING CONSIDERATION OF HIGHWAY MATTERS         

(1)    Lights on Ferma Lane: There was a light out and another was flashing. These would be reported to CWaC.

16.171  CHESHIRE WEST AND CHESTER COUNCIL CONSULTATION ON BUDGET

In 2015 CWaC’s consultation with the public had resulted in the adoption of a four-year plan and a budget based on 10 key priorities. The public’s views were again being sought on the current priorities and direction of the Council. The consultation closed on 2 January 2017. No comments to be made.

16.172  CHESHIRE WEST AND CHESTER CONSULTATION ON SPECIAL EXPENSES

CWaC had launched a consultation on possible changes to the Special Expenses scheme which addressed the issue of double taxation in the borough relating the maintenance of open access play spaces, Christmas lighting and Police Community Support Officers. The Parish Council supported the continuation of the special expenses scheme in its current form.

16.173  CHESHIRE WEST AND CHESTER COUNCIL CONSULTATION ON CIVIC DUTIES

              No comments to be made.

16.174  CHESHIRE WEST AND CHESTER COUNCIL CONSULTATION ON DRAFT PARKING STRATEGY

A draft Parking Strategy Supplementary Planning Document (SPD) had been prepared which provided additional detail and guidance for planning applicants and decision makers on what parking provision would be required in new developments.  The Parish Council supported the current “Free after Three” parking scheme and would like to see it maintained.

16.175  CORRESPONDENCE

  • Meeting with Police and Crime Commissioner: Wednesday 18 January 2017 at 6.30pm in the Edna Rose Room, Community Centre, Meadow Close, off Crossfields, Tarvin, near Chester, CH3 8LY. No-one available to attend.
  • Planning Information Evening: CWaC and ChALC were holding a planning information evening on Monday 30 January 2017 starting at 7.00pm at Cheshire View, Plough Lane, Christleton, Chester, CH3 7PT. Two places to be booked.

16.176  FINANCE

(1)     Payments:

                        The following payments were approved:

Payment

Method

Paid to Amount
BACS Parish Clerk – expenses December 19.90
S/O Parish Clerk – salary December 341.20
BACS Kingsley Joinery – Notice Boards 1,736.00
BACS Dee Valley Water – Allotments 35.75
Tfr Service Charge (3 months) 18.00

(2)     Receipts:

Income from Bonfire Night 1,535.63
Allotment Rents 60.00

(3)     Balances:

Unity Trust Current Account (as at 13 December 2016) 10,106.23

16.177  ITEMS FOR INFORMATION OR NEXT AGENDA5

(1)    The Cheshire Forest Hunt had recently been through the village with the usual total disregard for property and lack of respect to residents. The Clerk was asked to get the dates of the Hunt for the rest of the year.

(2)    It was queried what was going on in Barnhouse Lane. It was noted that a land management company had an option on the land but nothing further was known.

16.178    DATE AND TIME OF NEXT MEETING – Tuesday 10 January 2017 at 7.30pm

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply