GREAT BARROW ANNUAL PARISH COUNCIL MEETING Tuesday 13th June 2017 at 7pm.

GREAT BARROW

ANNUAL PARISH COUNCIL MEETING

Tuesday 13th June 2017 at 7pm.

At Barrow Village Hall.

MINUTES

 

Present:

 

 

 

 

 

 

Clerk

Cllr M Moulstone – Chairperson

Cllr J Hassall

Cllr E Johnson

Cllr P Johnson

Cllr J Owen

Cllr S Weaver

 

Kirsty Lowe

Members of the public: 3

 

The Council wish to express regret that they were unable to present the outgoing Clerk, Mrs English, with a token of their appreciation as she is unable to attend due to ill health.

 

 
1. APOLOGIES

Cllr A Faulkner – Work commitments

Cllr S James – Family

 

2.

 

 

       3.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

4.

 

 

 

 

DECLARATION OF INTERESTS

There were no new Declarations of Interest and no dispensations requested.

 

OPEN FORUM

One member of the public attended and raised the following issues:

1.    A survey had been received by a resident in attendance which was related to housing. Mr Tomlinson had also raised the issue with Cllr Moulstone. The letter accompanying the survey claimed it had the full support Cheshire West and Chester Council and was titled, ‘Barrow Parish Survey.’ Councillors informed the residents in attendance that they are under no obligation to complete the survey and that no-one had approached the Parish Council to discuss this beforehand.

2.    There is an issue with BT lines being stretched by trees opposite the cricket pitch on the B5132. ACTION: Cllr E Johnson will approach Tim Williams at CWaC to discuss.

3.    The footpath alongside the road from Ardmore Cottage to Little Barrow is very overgrown. ACTION: Cllr E Johnson will approach Kay Parry at Highways to request that it is cleared.

ACCEPTANCE OF MINUTES.  

Cllr Weaver asked for a small change to be made to the May minutes on the first page 5.1 to make it clear the dropped kerb must be subject to the relevant permissions. The Clerk was happy to accept this change and the alteration was made to the hard copy minutes. It was thereafter RESOLVED unanimously to accept the minutes of the meeting held on 9th May 2017 as a true record.

5. UPDATE ON ISSUES RAISED AT PREVIOUS MEETING.

 

A.     Street lights – The school are unable to fund new lights as they need to use the money for security lighting at the school. It is proposed to have two new lights at a cost of £1500 each situated on Ferma Lane. ACTION: Cllr Moulstone to visit the developer/contractor to discuss funding the new lighting. It was also noted that the street lights in the village had been fitted with replacement bulbs which are LED, there have been no changes to the housing of the lights.

B.     Verges – The council have generally made a good job of cutting the verges in the village. Cllr E Johnson had noticed a particularly good job had been made of the work in Normans Wood and had sent her thanks on behalf of the council. There had been a query from a member of the public regarding grass cutting to see if the frequency could be increased.   Unfortunately, at the present time, the Parish Council are not in a position to fund additional grass cutting.

 

6.

 

 

 

 

 

7.

PLANNING

Councillors noted the receipt of a new planning application for Barn Owl Farm 17/05421/FUL

ACTION: Cllr Moulstone to visit.

Other planning items on the agenda were for information only.

 

CORRESPONDENCE

Councillors noted receipt of a letter regarding The White Horse with information about an application from CAMRA for Community Right to Bid.

 

 
       
       8.

 

REPORTS FROM COMMITTEES AND SUBGROUPS

1.     Barrow Parish Playing Field Committee – There has been a request for a grant of £1600. The Parish Council have received a statement of accounts for the playing field committee and will consider the request for an additional grant at the next meeting. The new play equipment has now arrived and is being stored in the container.   Three quotes have been received for the pavilion repairs and enquiries are being made into matched funding.

2.     A copy of the Footpaths Committee minutes had been circulated to members and the committee will send these directly to the Barrow News.

3.     Concerns have been raised regarding the safety of children behaving dangerously on the roads around Barrow. A resident was extremely concerned and worried about the safety of the children after witnessing them running across the road at the end of Long Looms. The Parish Council ask that anyone who witnesses any dangerous or anti-social behaviour call 101 and report this.

4.     Website – The website is in need of good quality photos of the village. Cllr Owen has suggested using a local company to take aerial photos using a drone.   ACTION: Cllr Owen to query the costs involved and report back to Councillors.

5.     Barrowmore Liaison – It was RESOLVED unanimously to hold the village bonfire on 5th November. It was suggested that representatives from Barrowmore would like to present possible development schemes to the Parish Council, Cllr E Johnson will liaise to arrange a suitable date and time.

6.     Allotments – The allotments are fully occupied at present and there will be an allotment get-together at The White Horse on 14th June.

7.     NDP – Cllr P Johnson repeated that the housing survey received by villagers was nothing to do with the NDP process. The latest documents submitted to CWaC via Rosie Morgan have been referred on to a new spatial planner.

 

9.

 

 

 

 

10.

 

 

 

 

 

 

11.

 

 

 

 

12.

 

 

13.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

HIGHWAYS

Speed reduction stickers had arrived to be displayed on wheelie bins and Cllrs will distribute them where possible. There is a speeding issues in the village particularly the area of Greysfields and Ferma Lane.

 

FINANCE

Cllr E Johnson asked that a Youth Club bank statement she had received be held by the Clerk with the Parish Council papers.

1.     In the absence of the Clerk Mrs English, Councillors did not feel they had enough information to approve the accounting statements, this will have to be reviewed at the next meeting and the new Clerk will contact BDO to make them aware of the situation.

2.     The following payments were approved:

T. Spruce Grass Cutting £340

Cestrian Signs £268.80

Flowers £28 to J Tomlinson and £25.92 to S Weaver.

 

ITEMS FOR INFORMATION OR NEXT MEETING

Cllr Weaver gave her apologies for the next meeting.

 

DATE AND TIME OF NEXT MEETING

Tuesday 11th July 2017 at 7.30pm at Barrow Village Hall

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply