May Minutes 2017

GREAT BARROW

ANNUAL PARISH COUNCIL MEETING

Tuesday 9th May 2017 at 7 pm.

At Barrow Village Hall.

 

 

MINUTES

 

Present:

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Clerk

Cllr P Johnson – Chairperson

Cllr A Faulkner

Cllr S James

Cllr E Johnson

Cllr M Moulstone

Cllr J Owen

Cllr S Weaver

 

Kirsty Lowe

Members of the public: 1

 

1.

 

 

 

2.

 

ELECTION OF CHAIR AND VICE-CHAIR FOR THE YEAR AHEAD

Cllr A Faulkner proposed Cllr Moulstone for the role of Chairperson.   This was seconded by Cllr E Johnson

RESOLVED unanimously

Cllr S James proposed Cllr P Johnson for the role of Vice-Chair this was seconded by Cllr S Weaver

RESOLVED unanimously

 

Cllr Moulstone requested that the Vice-Chair continued as the Chairman of the Annual Meeting.

 

3. APOLOGIES

Cllr J Hassall – Work commitments

Cllr F Rackham expects to be late

 

4.

 

 

      

       5.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

6.

 

 

 

 

DECLARATION OF INTERESTS

Cllr E Johnson declared an interest should anything further be raised about the Boundaries Commission Review as she is a CWaC Councillor.

 

OPEN FORUM

One member of the public attended and raised the following issues:

1.     There are vans parking on Long Looms almost permanently which are blocking the pavements in the layby opposite the Playing Field. The Parish Council have been aware of this in the past and it was suggested to the resident to install a dropped kerb to create more space at his property subject to any necessary permissions.

2.     Parking on Long Looms is a problem generally is there an option to improve verges to create further space, the resident has observed 4-5 cars at one property which then has a knock on effect on the neighbours.

The Parish Council will put a note in the Barrow News about residents parking respectfully and if there are further incidents reported will make contact with Sanctuary Housing who manage the properties.

 

ACCEPTANCE OF MINUTES.  

It was RESOLVED unanimously to accept the minutes as a true record of the meeting of 11th April 2017.

ACTION – Cllr E Johnson will send a summary to the Barrow News for publication.

 

A Councillor asked whether the Parish Council had confirmed that they had been reimbursed for the cost of laptop and printer.

ACTION – Cllr James to access the bank account electronically and confirm costs have been refunded to the Parish Council

 

7. MEMBERSHIP OF COMMITTEES, REPRESENTATION ON OUTSIDE BODIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES FOR 2017/2018.

 

Village Hall Committee – Cllr Moulstone and Cllr Rackham

Cllr Moulton reported that he had not received an invite to meetings

ACTION – Cllr E Johnson to provide the new Clerk with contact for the committee

ACTION – The Clerk to make contact and request that Parish Council representatives are included in meeting dates and document circulation where available.

 

Barrowmore – ALL Councillors as available

 

Barrow Parish Playing Field Foundation – Cllr Moulstone and Cllr Owen

 

Footpaths Committee – Cllr Weaver and Cllr Rackham

 

ChALC Area Meetings – Any 2 Councillors available on the date set

 

Police Liaison – Cllr A Faulkner

 

Allotments – Cllr J Hassalls

 

Website – Cllr J Owen and Cllr S James

 

Finance – ALL. Additionally, an away day would be planned in December/January to draft a budget to inform setting the precept.

 

Trees – Cllr M Moulstone

 

Neighbourhood Plan – Cllr P Johnson and Cllr J Owen.

 

Skips – Cllr F Rackham

 

8.

 

 

 

9.

ASSETS, DEEDS AND LEASES

Due to the ill health of the outgoing Clerk the asset register was not available to discuss. This will be added to the agenda for the next meeting.

 

TIMETABLE OF MEETINGS FOR 2017-2018

13th June 2017, 11th July 2017, 12th September 2017, 10th October 2017

It was agreed that no meeting would take place in November 2017 as due to advance prior commitments a number of members would not be available for the regular date and the meeting would be at risk of not being quorate.

12th December 2017, 9th January 2018, 13th February 2018, 13th March 2018, 10th April 2018 preceded by the Annual Parish Meeting. 8th May 2018, Annual Parish Council Meeting.

 

 
       
10.

 

UPDATE ON ACTIONS FROM the LAST MEETING.

A letter has been drafted on behalf of the Parish Council to the Boundary Commission regarding changes to Cheshire West and Chester Wards.   It was agreed by all members that the Clerk would send the letter on behalf of the Parish Council.

Cllr E Johnson did not participate in this item due to the previously declared interest.

ACTION – The Clerk to send letter to the boundary commission on behalf of Great Barrow Parish Council.

11.

 

 

 

 

12.

 

 

 

 

 

 

13

 

 

 

 

 

14.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

15.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

16.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

17

PLANNING

There was no new planning information but a number of applications awaiting a decision.

 

 

POLICIES AND PROCEDURES

Cllrs were satisfied with the adoption of the Standing Orders and the Financial Regulations as adopted in 2016.

An Away Day will be held to discuss all other policies and procedures in light of the appointment of a new Clerk.

ACTION – Cllr E Johnson to circulate dates for a potential meeting

 

CORRESPONDENCE

The Parish Council had received correspondence from the Barrow and Littleton Twinning Association requesting funds to support their activities.

It was RESOLVED unanimously to offer a donation of £25 to support the group.

 

 

REPORTS FROM SUB-GROUPS

Allotments – Cllr Hassalls was not present to update the meeting

Playing Field – It was agreed that the Parish Council needed to have an understanding of the finances available to the charity operating the Playing Field before agreeing the level of financial support. This will be discussed further at the policies Away Day so that there is a consistent policy for groups attracting grant funding.

Barrowmore – Cllr E Johnson has circulated notes from the latest meeting. The next meeting takes place 25th May at 10am.

Footpaths – Cllr Weaver had attended the latest meeting. Chris Youngs had made a request that minutes from the Footpath Committee are posted to the website. The Parish Council were happy that should Alan Frew email the Clerk with the minutes it could be arranged for these to be posted on the Parish Council website.

Police Liaison – Cllr Faulkner will attend the next police meeting on 18th May at Mickle Trafford Police Station.

Gowy Partnership – There were no further update, next meeting planned for September.

NDP – No new information to report, the plan needs sending to Rosie Morgan at CWaC. ACTION – Cllr P Johnson to send the latest plan to Rosie Morgan.

Website – Photographs of the village are needed. Cllrs Owen and James are to meet about the website 10th May to review progress. They will also collect the new laptop and printer and Cllr Owen will make arrangements to pass these on to the Clerk at a mutually convenient time.

 

 

GRASS CUTTING

Cllr Moulstone informed the council that he did not consider it necessary to proceed with the purchase of grass cutting equipment at this time.

CWaC are moving to a 3-4 week cycle cutting grass verges in the growing season which is a change to previous agreements but symptomatic of budget restraints at this time. The Parish Council does not have enough funds to subsidise the ideal of weekly cuts during the spring summer months at the present time but will keep this under consideration.

 

 

STANDING CONSIDERATION OF HIGHWAYS MATTERS

The highways crash barrier on Long Green has been obscured by spring growth of cow parsley.

Lampits Lane a number of pot holes

Road surface issues near the Church.

ACTION – Cllr E Johnson to report to Highways

The matter of children riding bikes in a reckless manner was raised, this was taking place on the main road without safety equipment such as helmets. It was agreed to contact the PCSO to see if any action can be taken. In the discussion it became apparent that other behaviour not conducive to harmonious village life had been reported to the Parish Council. The Parish Council will log such incidents with the police, particularly in the case of repeat offenders and will also inform local residents how to report such behaviour.

ACTION – Cllr Owen to put a piece on the website on how to report any anti-social behaviour to the police

 

FINANCE

It was requested that the new Clerk clarify the latest status on moving the bank account from Unity Trust to Barclays.

 

Cllr James will check that the payment to Sabeka Timber Products has been made following receipt of invoice.

 

The following payments were noted and approved:

Playing Field Keys £7

Maintenance and repairs to playing field and pavilion invoice £450

Grass Cuttin £320

 

Cllr P Johnson will contact the outgoing Clerk regarding progress with the Annual Return and Audit and noting health issues reported it will be offered to help deliver the paperwork for the internal audit.

ACTION – Cllr P Johnson

 

The Council do not wish to adopt Bacs payments at the present time and wish to have dual signatory cheque authority for the accounts while the new clerk completes probationary period. The Parish Council do not rule out re-instating bacs payments in the future.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The Clerk will make arrangements for Autela Payroll to process payroll from May and consideration to be given to the latest legal position on pensions. The Clerk will request up to date HMRC Backup information to be provided to the payroll company.

ACTION – The Clerk to contact Mrs English and forward any information to Autela Group.

 

 

 

 

 

The meeting closed at 8.45pm                                The next meeting takes place 13th June 2017

 

 

Signed:……………………………………………………………….                   Dated:………………………………………..

 

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply